- To promote foreign and local investments in the manufacturing and services sectors
- To undertake planning for industrial development in Malaysia
- To recommend policies and strategies on industrial promotion and development to the Ministry of International Trade and Industry
- To evaluate applications for manufacturing licences and expatriate posts; tax incentives for manufacturing activities, tourism, R&D, training institutions and software development; and duty exemptions on raw materials and components; and duty exemptions on machinery and equipment for agricultural sector and selected services sector.
- Issuance of confirmation letter for the application of import duty and/or sales tax exemption on machinery, equipment, spare parts, consumables, prime movers and container trailers for manufactures in the principal customs area (PCA), companies engaged in a hotel business and haulage operators under the self-declaration mechanism, effective 2 May 2014.
- To assist companies in the implementation and operation of their projects and offer assistance through direct consultation and co-operation with the relevant authorities at both the federal and state levels.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and co-ordination among institutions engaged in or connected with industrial development.
- To further enhance MIDA’s role of assisting investors, senior representatives from key agencies are stationed at MIDA’s headquarters in Kuala Lumpur to advise investors on government policies and procedures. These representatives include officials from the Ministry of Human Resources, Immigration Department, Royal Customs Malaysia, Department of Environment, Tenaga Nasional Berhad and Telekom Malaysia Berhad
Investors can find MIDA's Business Information Centre (BIC) at Kuala Lumpur's MIDA Sentral a convenient, first-stop resource centre with free access to useful and authoritative information on investment, trade, financing, productivity and services specifically pertaining to Malaysia's manufacturing and services sectors. Comfortable meeting areas are also provided where investors can read or have their investment enquiries attended to by our Duty Officer. The Duty Officer will assist in getting essential information and connecting investors with the right contact person in the respective divisions.
For further information, please contact:
Duty Officer Duty Officer
Business Information Centre
Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
Tel: (603) 2263 2549/2555
E-mail: [email protected]